Did You Know…
- A teenage girl in New Mexico can get an abortion without her parent’s knowledge?
*She needs their PERMISSION for field trips, aspirin, ear piercing, tattoos, and ALL OTHER medical procedures.
- A woman seeking an abortion in New Mexico is not informed of the medical risks or given facts about the procedure and can receive an abortion on her first appointment with no prior consultation?
*Informed consent and initial consultations are required for ALL other invasive medical procedures.
Do You Agree that NO LAW protecting these New Mexican women and teenage girls is BAD LAW? Do You Want to see GOOD LAWS enacted in 2015?
- Parental Notification of Abortion Act
- To require abortion providers to notify the parent of a girl, age 17 and under, who is seeking an abortion, before the abortion can be performed.
- This is the law in 38 states and is supported by over 75% of Americans and has majority support among both Democrats and Republicans.
- To read the bill, HB391, click here.
- To read a summary of the bill, click here.
- To find its current legislative location, click here.
- A Woman’s Right to Know Bill
- To require abortion providers to inform a woman seeking an abortion about the medical risks of an abortion, the available alternatives, and accurate medical facts about the developmental stages of her unborn child.
- This is the law in 26 states and is supported by 69% of Americans and has majority support among both Democrats and Republicans.
For a summary of the bill click here
- These bills will be introduced in the 2015 New Mexico Legislative Session.
How Can You Help get these GOOD LAWS passed for New Mexico women and families?
- Contact Your Legislators asking them to support these bills, to Vote YES for the sake of our families!
- To find out who your State Representative and State Senator are, click here
- To email your State Representative, click here to find by their last name or click here to find by their District.
To email your State Senator, click here to find by their last name click here to find by their District. (You may click on the legislators’ email addresses to be directly connected). Please email them both!
- To view a sample email, click here.
- To call and leave a message for your State Representative and your State Senator, follow the links above. Please call both!
- To view a sample phone message, click here.
- Join our Action Alert Roster to receive updates, notices and alerts!
- To sign up click here.
- Alert Your Family and Friends!
- Contact Legislative Committees as soon as these bills have been assigned!